The Overall Assessment of the Speaker's Experience of Stuttering (OASES) is a quick, easy-to-use, comprehensive tool for measuring the impact of stuttering on a person's life. OASES Impact Scores and Impact Ratings can help you qualify individuals for research or therapy, make treatment decisions, justify third-party payment, and evaluate treatment efficacy.
OASES Response Forms include age-appropriate items that examine four key aspects of the experience of stuttering:
- General information about a speaker's perceptions of stuttering
- Affective, behavioral, and cognitive reactions to stuttering
- Functional communication difficulties in key situations
- Impact of stuttering on the speaker's quality of life
OASES Response Forms are available in sets of 25 forms for 3 age groups:
- OASES-S (School-Age, 60 items) for children ages 7-12
- OASES-T (Teenage, 80 items) for teenagers ages 13-17
- OASES-A (Adult, 100 items) for adults ages 18 and above
All OASES users need an OASES Technical/Scoring Manual for administration, scoring, and interpretation. The manual provides psychometric data and interpretive summaries that can be used in evaluation reports and progress notes.
Photocopying or other reproduction is prohibited.
Copyright © 2016 Stuttering Therapy Resources, Inc.